Salka offers guests the opportunity to relax, rejuvenate and rewind with treatments, massages, and a full range of spa services.
Click here for more information or call 204.279.2041 or email Salka Spa for more information and to book your appointments.
- Seagulls Restaurant & Lounge
- Free high-speed wireless & hardwire internet access
- Indoor pool with 3 storey water slide and water umbrella
- Hot tub
- Free DVD movies
- Outdoor patio
- Pet friendly rooms
- Free Parking (with cold weather hook-ups)
Summer Season Activities
- Lakeview Hecla Golf Course
- Golf pro shop
- Bicycle rentals available April – October
- Nature trails / wildlife look-out posts
- Outdoor sports area including beach volleyball court
Winter Season Activities
- Cross country skiing
- Snow shoeing
- Ice fishing
- 65 guestrooms / 22 suites
- 3 accessible King suites
- 100% non-smoking facility
- On-site fitness centre
- Business centre for guest use
- Conference, banquet, and meeting space
Modern elements blended to include contemporary comfort with gracious décor highlight the in-room ambience of our studio style double Queen or King guestroom. Features include a sitting area, work desk, flat panel TV, compact fridge, microwave, coffee/tea station, in-room personal safe, hair dryer, spa-like bathroom with multiple shower heads and deep soaker tub plus room to relax in a resort atmosphere with nature right outside your window. King guestrooms also feature a davenport sofa.
Modern King Suite
Gracious décor combined with contemporary elements emphasize comfort and the relaxing ambience of our spacious King suite. Features separate bedroom and sitting room, work desk, flat panel TV in each area, compact fridge, microwave, coffee/tea station, in-room personal safe, hair dryer, spa-like bathroom with multi shower heads and deep soaker tub plus room to rest. Rejuvenate and relax in a resort atmosphere with nature right outside your window.
Length of drive from:
North Perimeter Highway: 2 hours
Downtown Winnipeg: 2.5 hours
From Winnipeg (North Perimeter Highway 101): Stay on Highway 8 from Winnipeg to Hecla Provincial Park. Turn right at the Lakeview Hecla Resort sign.
Details of drive: Take Northbound Highway 8 and continue on Highway 8 as you pass the junction of highway 230 after 10 KM. Continue on Highway 8 for 116 KM. You will pass Winnipeg Beach, Gimli, and Riverton. Stay on Highway 8 as it turns east, when you reach the junction at Highway 234. Continue on Highway 8 for 17 KM into Hecla / Grindstone Provincial Park and you will come to a Park gate. After passing through the gate, continue on Highway 8 for another 24 KM and you’ll find a turn off marked by a Lakeview Hecla Resort sign. Turn right and drive 800 Metres until you reach a turn off in front of the hotel. Welcome to the Lakeview Hecla Resort!
Latitude: 51° 11′ 11.148″ (51.18643)
Longitude: -96° 37′ 17.7234″ (-96.62159)
Seagulls Restaurant & Lounge is the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing meal at Lakeview Hecla Resort. Enjoy modern decor and casual but delicious dining featuring local and classic dishes. Everything to make a stay at Hecla complete!
- Hecla Golf Course (ph. 204.279.2072)
- Links at the Lake – Gimli Golf Course (ph. 204.642.8858)
- Hecla / Grindstone Provincial Park
- Hecla Village – featuring a 1km self-guided trail through a restored village tracing Icelandic settlement heritage in the area
- Wildlife viewing tower
- Grassy Narrows Marsh – including hiking and biking trails, boardwalks, and viewing blinds to watch waterfowl and other wildlife
- Lakeshore / beach area
- Outdoor playground
- Tennis courts
- Beach volleyball court
- Hecla lighthouse
- Marina & boat launch
As the Lakeview Hecla Resort is located within a Provincial Park, park access fees will need to be paid upon entering the park.
Free Park Entry weekends will occur throughout the summer season. Please check back for a list of dates.